If you wish to apply for test, course & cards, we recommend that you use the online service. Applying online will be considerably quicker than applying over the telephone.
Online Health & Safety awareness course
The Health & Safety Awareness course provides a basic introduction to understanding potential construction site hazards and how everyone can contribute to keeping the workplace safe.
The units that the Health and Safety Awareness training course will cover are:
Your general responsibilities as a worker to look after yours and other worker’s health & safety.
As well as appreciating the need to perform safely, to stop and ask for advice if you’re not sure, and achieving a better safety standard on-site.
High-risk activities; working at height safely, underground and overhead services, how to practice proper manual handling, confined spaces and excavation.
Legal liabilities and requirements; having the confidence to report and prevent accidents.
Have an understanding of Health and Safety Law; including the Health and Safety Act, and its surrounding regulations, concerning the construction industry – Working at Height Regulations 2005, RIDDOR 2015, COSHH 2002, PPE Regulations 1992, Noise at Work Regulations 2005.
Health and welfare on a construction site; the dangers of hazardous substances (including asbestos), dust and fumes and how to protect yourself and others. As well as vibration, noise and safety with site transport.
An introduction to health and welfare; including following first aid and emergency procedures on-site and the control and prevention of fire. You will also cover safety signs, electrical safety, mobile work equipment and lifting operations and equipment.
Construction environmental awareness and waste control.
Risk assessments; what are they for? The hierarchy of control and hazard identification.
Inspection and selection of work equipment such as; (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment, handheld tools and equipment.
Online Final examination: • Tests are booked at least 3 working days before
• Tests are available Monday to Friday 10.00 – 17.00
• The examination consists of 50 multiple choice questions, you need 40 out of 50 to pass
• You will need valid photographic ID (a passport or UK/EU driving licence)
• You must complete the course modules before you can take the final test
• Missed or failed tests cost £35 to reschedule
What do you need to do the online course?
For the course modules you can use any device that connects to the internet including a phone or tablet, but you need access to a computer/laptop with a webcam/speaker/microphone for the final test.
The minimum requirements are:
• A computer/laptop with Intel Core i3 (or equivalent) and 4GB RAM, not a phone or a tablet
• Using Windows or Apple operating system, not Chromebook
• A working webcam, microphone and speaker
• Minimum screen size 13″ and a resolution of 1024 x 768
• A reliable internet connection, minimum continuous speed of 516kbps (we recommend Chrome/Firefox/Opera browsers), not Internet Explorer
Why do the Course online?
• The interactive online course takes approximately three hours, plus a 45 minute test
• The course can be completed in one go or over a period of days or weeks.
• There are no time restrictions to complete it
• Return to the course as many times as you like, it will remember and track your progress
• The first time pass rate is over 98%, with 100% overall
• Certificate available to download as soon as you pass
What qualification do I get?
• You will receive certification that you have successfully completed E-Learning Course.
• It is equivalent to the Level 1 Award in Health and safety in a construction environment and can be used to support your application for a CSCS labourer card.
• Certification is valid for five years.
Classed Based Awareness Course (Only available in London)
Upon successful completion of the Classed based training course delegates will be able to:
If you know which type of course to take, you can contact us on our Online Service.
We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CSCS or CITB. If you require further information on CSCS please click here